
So the big rig is still at Primary's, but did not have to go back to the ICU. He has held his own pretty well. They took the catheter out and he has peed on his own (who knew we would be so excited about urine output!) He also pooped (just what you wanted to know) but that means his bowels are working--yeah! They also took his NG tube out--the one that goes down his nose into his stomach. Last I heard yesterday they were going to introduce 1 tsp pedilite, and see if he could keep that down. I haven't heard anything this morning so far, but all seems to be headed in the right direction. He is now more alert and trying to remove all his tubes, etc. My saintly mother has been up and stayed all through the night so that Jonny and Mendy can go to the University housing and sleep knowing someone is there with him ALL THE TIME! Mendy's mom has done the same and so has Krissy. I'm telling ya, there is nothing better than a family that can call in reinforcements!!! I am so happy to belong to the family I do!
Wrig hates the nurses--he sees anyone coming at him in those yellow gowns and he just grunts and turns his head the other way--it's so funny, he won't even look at them! It's a good thing he was born with a stubborn attitude (kind of like Jonny:) because it has come in handy through this experience! I talked to Shellie (my best friend in Vegas) and she said her dad had this C-diff awhile ago and even had to have his colon removed...this is nasty, shizzy stuff! GO, FIGHT, WIN little Wrigley!!!
Wrig hates the nurses--he sees anyone coming at him in those yellow gowns and he just grunts and turns his head the other way--it's so funny, he won't even look at them! It's a good thing he was born with a stubborn attitude (kind of like Jonny:) because it has come in handy through this experience! I talked to Shellie (my best friend in Vegas) and she said her dad had this C-diff awhile ago and even had to have his colon removed...this is nasty, shizzy stuff! GO, FIGHT, WIN little Wrigley!!!

How precious is this! Melinda's little boys, Ethan and Carter holding this little sign that reads, "We love you, Wrigley!" Honestly, family is the best!
Ok, just heard from Jonny here are the details: They put the NG tube back into his belly and are giving him 20 ml an hour of pedialite--he is keeping that down and peein' and poopin' like a champ! He is off morphine and now on Tylenol (hello...that is huge), and he is only on .12 oxygen (that has come down drastically)! So we are SOOOO headed in the right direction, gosh I feel a huge load taken off my brain! I still worry (hello have you met me?) but now we just need to get him to a point where he doesn't need the oxygen and he can have some gentle formula in a bottle and process that! Oh thank the heavens! Thank you to everyone for caring and enquiring...your prayers are working!
7 comments:
Awww! Poor little dude! Hang in there everyone. :) He's too cute!
We'll keep them in our thoughts and prayers. I am so glad things are looking up!
(Could Ethan and Carter BE any cuter?!)
Glad things are going better!
It is so good to see things are looking up. He sounds like a real trooper.
It sounds like you have such a wonderful family. You are vey lucky!
Tell the little champ to keep fightn'!! I hope you all hang in there this is never a fun situation and so glad we all have family to lean on.
Sounds like things are getting much better. Good job littl fighter! (by-the-way my dad only had part of his colon removed, if he had his whole colon removed that would be a bad thing lol!! Love you girl!!! Shellie
I'm so happy to hear that his health is looking up!
Believe me... it IS a huge deal when they can pee and poop!
I hope that every day you can see more and more miracles!
In the mean time, we'll all keep prayin' for all of you!
I love the sign for Wrigley! What thoughtful kids! They really are cheering him on!
Post a Comment