Monday, April 28, 2008

He's home!!!

Quite a wonderful weekend for us over here!! Saturday the doctors referred to him as a "miracle" (they said that on more than one occasion) and said he was free to go home! This picture is of him leaving the hospital. At Primary's instead of being wheeled out in a wheelchair, you get this little wagon chariot to ride out in! They drove home and said he has just lit up being at his own house--crawling around and playing and just acting even more like himself. This picture is of him eating some pudding that Mendy mixed his medicine in. She said he loved it!
The sweet boy got to celebrate his first birthday at home! Mendy let him have a little birthday cake and look at him go! I am assuming Mendy made the baseball cake, but it's adorable!
Here he is with his birthday cake again. He just loves baseballs--in the ICU they could turn the TV to a baseball game and he would watch and only get fussy during the commercials! My wonderful dad called the Chicago Cubs and told them about the situation with little Wrigley and a few days later, Wrigley got a letter in the mail (sent to my dad's house) addressed to him wishing him well on behalf of the Chicago Cubs...it was adorable! Jonny thought it was awesome and I think they will be framing that! The PR lady, mentioned that Derek Lee probably couldn't call him personally, because the Cubs were on the road! How funny huh?
WE DID IT BIG WRIG! YOU SPECIAL LITTLE MIRACLE!

10 comments:

The Five that Jive said...

I'm so glad that he's home and doing so much better...he truly is a miracle!! What a cute cake! He's sure a cutie!!
Lindsey J

Tammy Anderson said...

Wonderful, Wonderful. The wagons are so cute. Grace loves them. She askes for them every time we are at same day surgery. That is how they take the kids back to the OR too.

Cute birthday cake! We are so glad that he was able to celebrate his birthday at home.

J♥M said...

The joy you all must have in your hearts right now!
What a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Happy Everything!
I'm so happy you were able to be part of a miracle!

Wendy said...

Oh I am SOO, SOO, SOO excited and relieved he finally was able to go home!! Not only am I Sally-the-Stalker but I think I neglected my own child thinking about this little guy and praying all would work out. It's about time somebody (who shall remain nameless) cut you a little slack - sheesh! ;) They are absolutely correct, what a wonderful precious little miracle. Two thumbs up - big guy! Love ya more than my luggage!! xoxo

Alicia said...

Oh what a releif! And how cute of your daddy to do that.

Markelle said...

I bet he is more happy being home; aren't we all? It's a great feeling coming home after being gone for so long. I am so happy for the whole family. I love happy endings!

Markelle said...

oh my goodness. I just noticed the picture of Frank and Bronx laying their heads by each other. That is the cutest picture I have ever seen!! How do you get shots like that? I can never get a good one of Sam. I love it!

Stephanie said...

That lil guy is so strong he really is a walking miracle. I am so happy he is back home.

LEE BIEN said...

I'm so happy to hear your good news about Wrigley. By the way, thank you for the comments on Laurel's blog about Dave and me. I tell people all the time about my practically perfect daughter-in-law Megan! I love you and Scottie too.

Johnson said...

I am so so happy that he has gone home now! What a scary time for you family. I have thought about your family so much this past week and shared his story with too many people. He is really a miracle. I know how nasty and terrifying C-diff can be. I hope he continues to heal. Thank you for your kind words on my blog. You said exactly what I was feeling. You are the greatest and I am such a better person for knowing you!!!

Bec