

So all of life's little problems can be solved and/or related to the TV sitcom, Friends! There is a moment in every day that some line from Friends is completely the appropriate thing to say. For instance, lately...I don't wanna be "fun Bobby" anymore. Ya know the day(s) you just don't feel like being witty, or charming, or funny, or positive, or even nice--let alone awake...I have gotten on this kick that Scott can tell what kind of mood I'm in when I tell him, "I don't feel like being fun Bobby!" It actually is to his benefit...because then he doesn't have to ask, "what's wrong?" or "is everything okay?" He just knows I am...well, blah...in a funk...whatever... I say let this be the gold standard for not having to be "up" all the time! If you're not in the mood...you just tell people you don't wanna be "fun Bobby!" And let it die there. People that get it, are fellow "Friends" lovers and will totally understand, and those that don't get it...well they're the reason you don't wanna be "fun Bobby!" HELLO!

For instance, yesterday I was attending my three hour religious event and sitting quietly during the second hour when someone asked me what was wrong. I replied "Nothing." And they said, "You're just so quiet." Okay, great so what I gather from that is a. I am always otherwise talking or b. I am not allowed to just sit quietly for fear people think something is wrong or I am upset. Certainly this has nothing to do with me being possibly sensitive to this issue, however, I have come to terms with the fact that it is okay to just BE...end of sentence. Don't cave to the pressure of always having to be "fun Bobby!!!" Don't do it!!!! And remember "fun Bobby" was only "fun Bobby" when he was a lush! hmmm...And could these pictures BE any smaller? (said like Chandler Bing!)

7 comments:
You're right! You don't always have to entertain everyone! I know you love to have fun but even Megan needs some down time. I love you both "on and off stage" if you know what I mean. Love ya megs!!
AMEN, sister! I don't think I could've said it better myself. Though, being a lush MAY prove to be fairly entertaining... hmmmm... Just a little somethin' somethin' to think about. :) And doesn't church qualify as one of those places where it's completely appropriate to BE a little more quiet?!! Hello!!!
Hi Friend!
Get it, "friend"... as in "Friends?"
Yeah, I have issues.
And I totally get you on this issue. Sometimes, it's tiring being "up", isn't it? My problem at church though is my failure to sit still. Blaine and I are worse than the kids that surround us. Our Home Teacher asked us the other day why I was trying to stick my pen in Blaine's ear. What's wrong with me?
Finally! My "funks" are justified! I'm having an anti fun Bobby day RIGHT NOW! I'm actually sitting in my room blogging instead of entertaining my lunch table. And instead faking my way through real teaching, my students went to the computer lab today, then watched a movie. Hooray for Nebo School District and Disney movie versions of books.
Can I just say I love that you called me Han. So can I call you Meg?!
And thanks for the comments- you're great.
And another thing- I'm being lame bobby lately. Boo hoo. But there's always a fun bobby in the world who will make up for me.
One more thing- you seemed fine to me during 2nd hour... somebody musta been smokin' some holy crack.
Amen sister, I hear ya with the no fun bobby. You are so entitled to just not think or speak at times. For heaven's sake we already have to talk and think enough as it is so some peace and quite will do us all some good. LOVE YA MEGS!!!!
good thinkg fo fun Bobby! You are right, it is the perfect way to say leave me the %$#& alone!
Post a Comment