Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I'm PROUD to be an American!--and so is Frank


Hot dog and happy upcoming fourth of July! The fourth of July is by far my favorite holiday of the year! I was raised in a very patriotic family; with my father having served in the Army, and my mother's father (Colonel Jack Tueller) having served in the Air Force where he flew P 51 fighter jets. From a very young age, love of country has been huge in my life! My parents are awesome in teaching us the good fortune we have of living in America. Speaking of my awesome parents...they were released from serving an LDS mission yesterday and are, as we speak, driving my direction! I am very excited to have them home. They served in Washington DC. For those of you who may not know what an LDS mission is--it's kind of like a religious peace corp. I served an LDS mission in Atlanta, Georgia and my husband served in Guatemala. Some of the hardest and most rewarding times of your life. A lot of answering questions regarding the Godhead and "mormonism" in general. I love resolving concerns and answering questions that people have "heard about mormons," that may not be what we actually believe and/or practice and I love helping people understand that we are so dang normal! Just God-fearing, good-attempting folks! When my parents return (july 7--by the time they drive from DC and stop to see some sights), six of the eight siblings and their families will all gather together to welcome them home! It should be wonderful! The day after they get home, Jonny (my brother) and his wife, Mendy will be blessing their little guy, Wrigley in church. Just a wonderful weekend to look forward to. I can't wait!

6 comments:

Dottie Stay said...

Meg,

Did you get my message? Anyway, I talked with Grandpa today. He is playing the trumpet in the provo 4th of July parade. It starts at 8:30am. He just wanted me to let everyone know. Have a great day.

Shellie said...

Megs-
Abby is being blessed on the 8th as well. George and I decided to let her get blessed in the church because it will make Grandma Joanie and the rest of the family so happy. Since you will be in St. George you are welcome to come to the blessing. It will be at 1pm at the Santa Clara Heights chapel. If you can't make it it's no big deal but if you can let me know and I'll give you directions. We will also be having a little luncheon after and you guys are invited to that as well.
Love you!

Jen said...

I can't believe they are already coming home! Time flies. I bet they had a blast. The best missionaries were the couple missionaries in my mission. I still love to think of my time with the cute couples that would help us out. Be sure to tell them hello from me!

Rachel said...

I can't believe that the time has come for Rosie and Norm to come home. That went by really quickly didn't it? I also loved the picture of Frank by the flag. He's such a fun dog- HUGE, but fun never-the-less!!!

Laurel said...

Then it's true that Frank is the country's new mascot and symbol of freedom?!! But seriously, I am so excited for you to get to see your padres so soon. Tell them all hello for me!

Mendy said...

Love the picture of Frank that is so awesome. We can not wait to see you guys. When are you coming anyway. Have a good holiday and we will see you soon. Love ya tons